Why Don’t People Listen??
They won’t listen – Ezekiel 3:4, 6-7a – Then he said, “Son of man, go to the people of Israel (people of God) and give them my messages. … 6 No, I am not sending you to people with strange and difficult speech. If I did, they would listen! 7 But the people of Israel won’t listen to you any more than they listen to me!
First, we are called to be watchmen on the wall – Romans 4:11 – So Abraham is the spiritual father of those who have faith but have not been circumcised (religious legalism). They are counted as righteous because of their faith.
Watchmen are not perfect – we all had to come the same way – 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 – Don’t you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don’t fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, or who worship idols, or commit adultery, or are male prostitutes, or practice homosexuality, 10 or are thieves, or greedy people, or drunkards, or are abusive, or cheat people—none of these will inherit the Kingdom of God. 11 Some of you were once like that. But you were cleansed; you were made holy; you were made right with God by calling on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.
- Those led by their flesh – Galatians 5:19
You must be led by the Holy Spirit – Galatians 3:2b-3 – …You received the Spirit because you believed the message you heard about Christ. 3 How foolish can you be? After starting your new lives in the Spirit, why are you now trying to become perfect by your own human effort?
- Galatians 5:16-17 – So I say, let the Holy Spirit guide your lives. Then you won’t be doing what your sinful nature craves. 17The sinful nature wants to do evil, which is just the opposite of what the Spirit wants. And the Spirit gives us desires that are the opposite of what the sinful nature desires. These two forces are constantly fighting each other, so you are not free to carry out your good intentions.
- Being continuously filled – Ephesians 5:18 – not a one time thing and not a nice suggestions
- The early Church were filled again – Acts 4:31 – After this prayer, the meeting place shook, and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit. Then they preached the word of God with boldness.
So how, It’s about what you are planting – Galatians 6:7-8 – Don’t be misled—you cannot mock the justice of God. You will always harvest what you plant. 8 Those who live only to satisfy their own sinful nature will harvest decay and death from that sinful nature. But those who live to please the Spirit will harvest everlasting life from the Spirit.
- We Harvest What We Plant
- Many are planting bad stuff – 1 Corinthians 15:33 – Do not be deceived:“Evil company (communications) corrupts good habits.”
- Plant good seed – Matthew 13
- Need to plant Holy Spirit stuff – Ephesians 5:19 – … singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs among yourselves, and making music to the Lord in your hearts.
Due season is coming – Galatians 6:9 – So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up.
- There is an evil agenda in our world and it’s not a theory – Galatians 6:12 – Those who are trying to force you to be circumcised want to look good to others. They don’t want to be persecuted for teaching that the cross of Christ alone can save.
- July 2023
- June 2023
- January 2022
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- January 2018
- Losing Your Life in Christ to Save It (and Others too) July 23, 2023
- Deliverance Made Simple July 9, 2023
- Why Don’t People Listen?? June 25, 2023
- When the Son Becomes a Father – 6/18/2023 June 18, 2023