Why Bad Things Happen to Good People
Why do bad things happen to good people?
- First, bad things happen to bad people also – Matthew 5:45 (NLT) – In that way, you will be acting as true children of your Father in heaven. For he gives his sunlight to both the evil and the good, and he sends rain on the just and the unjust alike.
- Maybe the Lord is trying to get our attention – 2 Kings 17:7-8 (NLT) – This disaster came upon the people of Israel because they worshiped other gods. They sinned against the Lord their God, who had brought them safely out of Egypt and had rescued them from the power of Pharaoh, the king of Egypt. 8 They had followed the practices of the pagan nations the Lord had driven from the land ahead of them, as well as the practices the kings of Israel had introduced.
We try to avoid these things but maybe we shouldn’t.
- 2 Corinthians 12:7-10 (NKJV) – And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure. 8 Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. 9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
This is the will of God for your life.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:18 (NKJV) – In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
Why does the Lord allow these bad things to happen? Because God has priorities – a bigger picture.
- Sometimes it to help you to grow – Romans 5:3-4.
- Sometimes it’s to know Him deeper – Philippians 3:10.
- Sometimes so He gets the glory – 2 Kings 19:18,34 (NLT) – “Now, O Lord our God, rescue us from his power; then all the kingdoms of the earth will know that you alone, O Lord, are God.” … 34 “For my own honor and for the sake of my servant David, I will defend this city and protect it.”
So it’s all about what we do when our world is shaken – what will we do in difficult situations.
- Hebrews 12:27-28–Now this, “Yet once more,” indicates the removal of those things that are being shaken, as of things that are made, that the things which cannot be shaken may remain. 28 Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us have grace, by which we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear.
- January 2022
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- January 2018