When the Son Becomes a Father – 6/18/2023
There are poor examples of fathers in the Word – John 8:44 – For you are the children of your father the devil, and you love to do the evil things he does. He was a murderer from the beginning. He has always hated the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, it is consistent with his character; for he is a liar and the father of lies.
There are also great Godly examples of fathers in the Word – Romans 4:11 – Circumcision was a sign that Abraham already had faith and that God had already accepted him and declared him to be righteous—even before he was circumcised. So Abraham is the spiritual father of those who have faith but have not been circumcised. They are counted as righteous because of their faith.
But before u become a father, u must first be a son.
U don’t default to son
- A child is in no position to handle the things of God, His inheritance – 1 Corinthians 13:11 – When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things.
- Children live on milk – Hebrews 5:11-14 – There is much more we would like to say about this, but it is difficult to explain, especially since you are spiritually dull and don’t seem to listen.12 You have been believers so long now that you ought to be teaching others. Instead, you need someone to teach you again the basic things about God’s word. You are like babies who need milk and cannot eat solid food. 13 For someone who lives on milk is still an infant and doesn’t know how to do what is right. 14 Solid food is for those who are mature, who through training have the skill to recognize the difference between right and wrong.
- Galatians 4:1 – Think of it this way. If a father dies and leaves an inheritance for his young children, those children are not much better off than slaves until they grow up, even though they actually own everything their father had.
- We need to cry out for spiritual nourishment – 1 Peter 2:1-2 – So get rid of all evil behavior. Be done with all deceit, hypocrisy, jealousy, and all unkind speech.2 Like newborn babies, you must crave pure spiritual milk so that you will grow into a full experience of salvation. Cry out for this nourishment…
Here are a few things we must learn in-order to become a grown-up:
Become correctible, teachable – Hebrews 12:5-6 – And have you forgotten the encouraging words God spoke to you as his children? He said, “My child, don’t make light of the Lord’s discipline, and don’t give up when he corrects you. For the Lord disciplines those he loves, and he punishes each one he accepts as his child.” 7 As you endure this divine discipline, remember that God is treating you as his own children. Who ever heard of a child who is never disciplined by its father? 8 If God doesn’t discipline you as he does all of his children, it means that you are illegitimate and are not really his children at all. 9 Since we respected our earthly fathers who disciplined us, shouldn’t we submit even more to the discipline of the Father of our spirits, and live forever?
Become compassionate – Hebrews 12:14-15 – Work at living in peace with everyone, and work at living a holy life, for those who are not holy will not see the Lord. 15 Look after each other so that none of you fails to receive the grace of God. Watch out that no poisonous root of bitterness grows up to trouble you, corrupting many.
- Luke 6:36 – You must be compassionate, just as your Father is compassionate.
Become unshakable, unmovable – Hebrews 12:26-27 – When God spoke from Mount Sinai his voice shook the earth, but now he makes another promise: “Once again I will shake not only the earth but the heavens also.” 27 This means that all of creation will be shaken and removed, so that only unshakable things will remain.
- Don’t stay anxious – Philippians 4:6-7 – Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
All goes back to Father Abraham – Hebrews 11:8 – It was by faith that Abraham obeyed when God called him to leave home (his comfort zone) and go to another land that God would give him as his inheritance. He went without knowing where he was going.
- How do u chill out, Walk by His grace thru ur faith in Him – what if doesn’t go as expected, still trusting in Him
- Don’t sell your sonship birthright – Hebrews 12:16 – Make sure that no one is immoral or godless like Esau, who traded his birthright as the firstborn son for a single meal.
- If you are going to receive Kingdom of Heaven on earth, you must first learn it’s precepts, it’s principles – Hebrews 12:28-29 – Since we are receiving a Kingdom that is unshakable, let us be thankful and please God by worshiping him with holy fear and awe. For our God is a devouring fire.
- July 2023
- June 2023
- January 2022
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- January 2018
- Losing Your Life in Christ to Save It (and Others too) July 23, 2023
- Deliverance Made Simple July 9, 2023
- Why Don’t People Listen?? June 25, 2023
- When the Son Becomes a Father – 6/18/2023 June 18, 2023