Toughening Up of the American Church
We are called to be a gateway church.
- Matthew 7:13-14 (NLT) – “You can enter God’s Kingdom only through the narrow gate. The highway to hell is broad, and its gate is wide for the many who choose that way.14 But the gateway to life is very narrow and the road is difficult, and only a few ever find it.”
Holding a location.
- God calls us to a land – Genesis 12:1-3 (NKJV) – Now the Lord had said to Abram: “Get out of your country, from your family and from your father’s house, to a land that I will show you. 2 I will make you a great nation; I will bless you and make your name great; and you shall be a blessing. 3 I will bless those who bless you, and I will curse him who curses you; and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.”
- And then we are to possess the land – Numbers 33:52 (NKJV) – You shall dispossess the inhabitants of the land and dwell in it, for I have given you the land to possess.
The need for toughness.
- God says He builds a Church – Psalms 127:1 (NKJV) – Unless the Lord builds the house, they labor in vain who build it …
- But the house of God needs a strong foundation – Ezra 6:3 (NKJV) – In the first year of King Cyrus, King Cyrus issued a decree concerning the house of God at Jerusalem: “Let the house be rebuilt, the place where they offered sacrifices; and let the foundations of it be firmly laid … “
So what does Biblical toughness look like?
- Having Godly character – 1 Timothy 6:6 (NKJV) – Now godliness with contentment is great gain.
- Having great patience – Isaiah 40:31 (NKJV) – But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.
- Becoming unoffendable – Colossians 3:2 (NKJV) – Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth.
- Knowing circumstances can’t control you – Philippians 4:12 (NLT) – I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little.
- Understanding it’s in our weakness we are tough – 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 – And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness. ”Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
We need to be tough enough until revelation/understanding comes.
- Daniel 10:14 (NKJV) – Now I have come to make you understand what will happen to your people in the latter days, for the vision refers to many days yet to come.”
- Daniel 11:32 (NKJV) – Those who do wickedly against the covenant he shall corrupt with flattery; but the people who know their God shall be strong, and carry out great exploits.
- We are to overcome evil with good – Romans 12:21
- January 2022
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- January 2018
american church ancient enemy attack awakening calling chaos character charismatic Christian christian education church coronavirus covid-19 Dearborn Dearborn Heights Detroit era evangelism fear fear of the Lord gifts glory goat God's way Holy Ghost Holy Spirit Leadership Leviathan New Era open overcomers Pentecostal remnant revival schemes shaking sheep storm stress tares to touch church transformation trust wheat