There is More! (3/17/2019)
God would pour out His Spirit in the latter days.
- Joel 2:17-18, 28-29 (AMP) – 17
Let the priests, the ministers of the Lord, weep
between the porch and the altar, and let them say, “Have compassion and spare
Your people, O Lord, and do not make Your inheritance (Israel) an object of ridicule,
or a [humiliating] byword among the [Gentile] nations. Why should they say
among the peoples,
‘Where is their God?’”
18 Then the Lord will be jealous for His land [ready to defend it since it is rightfully and uniquely His] and will have compassion on His people [and will spare them].
The Promise of the Spirit
28 “It shall come about after this that I shall pour out My Spirit on all mankind; and your sons and your daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions. 29 “Even on the male and female servants I will pour out My Spirit in those days.
The great mystery of Christ in us (Colossians 1:27).
- Ephesians 3:17-20 (NKJV) – That Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height— 19 to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. 20 Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us.
Pharisees are content with the old wineskin.
- Luke 5:30a, 36-39 (NKJV) – And their scribes and the Pharisees complained against His disciples …36 Then He spoke a parable to them: “No one puts a piece from a new garment on an old one; otherwise the new makes a tear, and also the piece that was taken out of the new does not match the old. 37 And no one puts new wine into old wineskins; or else the new wine will burst the wineskins and be spilled, and the wineskins will be ruined. 38 But new wine must be put into new wineskins, and both are preserved. 39 And no one, having drunk old wine immediately desires new; for he says, ‘The old is better.’ ”
The new wineskin looks like something.
- The new wineskin looks like a people living passionately for God!
- God wants Christians to be fervent in spirit (Romans 12:11) and zealous of good works (Titus 2:14), no matter how cold our spiritual environment (Matthew 22:35–40). Fervent (zeo) means “to boil with heat.” Jesus was “eaten up” with passion for God (John 2:17). Apollos was fervent in spirit (Acts 18:25). The Corinthian Christians’ zeal had provoked very many (2 Corinthians 9:2). (Allen Webster- HousetoHouse.com)
Might there be one thing between you and more??
- The story of the rich, young ruler – Luke 18:18-27.
- First the person identified is described by two adjectives – rich and young.
- Jesus asks him if he is religious and he says yes.
- But when Jesus got to the issues of the heart, something religion says is alright, there’s an issue.
- This one thing, which is identified as an impossibility to give up, is the thing between the man and God.
- But the good news is the impossible is made possible by the grace of God!
- July 2023
- June 2023
- January 2022
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- January 2018
- Losing Your Life in Christ to Save It (and Others too) July 23, 2023
- Deliverance Made Simple July 9, 2023
- Why Don’t People Listen?? June 25, 2023
- When the Son Becomes a Father – 6/18/2023 June 18, 2023