The Power of Two Godly Opinions
Watch Live on our Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/dhfirsters/
The Church needs to subject itself to the governing authorities – opinion #1.
- Romans 13:1-3a (NKJV) – Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. 2 Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil…
- Isaiah 45:1 (NKJV) – Thus says the Lordto His anointed, to Cyrus, whose right hand I have held— to subdue nations before him and loose the armor of kings, to open before him the double doors, so that the gates will not be shut:
The Church needs to keep gathering, especially in times of crisis – opinion #2.
- Hebrews 10:25 (ESV) – Not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.
- Matthew 18:20 (NKJV) – For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them.
- Acts 2:46 (NKJV) – So continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they ate their food with gladness and simplicity of heart.
We’ve defaulted back to judging the opposing opinion.
- And this causes “if only the other person’s opinion would change” syndrome.
- But the Word tells us this piece of wisdom – Matthew 7:3-4 (NKJV) – And why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye? 4 Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me remove the speck from your eye’; and look, a plank is in your own eye?
- But can both opinions be right?
There is a power of opposing opinions.
- Two represents diversity in the Word – Genesis 1:4 (NKJV) – And God saw the light, that it was good; and God divided the light from the darkness.
- The power actually comes from the diversity of the two – Matthew 18:19 (NKJV) – “Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven.
So what is God saying in all of this? You’ll need to find out for yourself.
- It’s not my job to tell everybody what to do it’s the Holy Spirit’s job
- Romans 8:1-2 (NKJV) – There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. 2For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
- Are we available? Jesus tells us to GO and make disciples – Matthew 28:19. Will you respond like Isaiah did and say “send me” – Isaiah 6:8?
* The audio corresponding to this post is under “media” on this site – dhfirstag.org – and is available on Monday
- January 2022
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- January 2018