The Pedigree of a Believing Believer
So what is believing, Biblically speaking.
- James 2:18-20 – But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works. 19 You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble! 20 But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead?
But how many are really Believing Believers?
- Matthew 22:14 (NLT) – “For many are called (invited), but few are chosen (accept).”
- You have to accept the invitation, this invitation–Luke 9:23-24-Then He (Jesus) said to the crowd, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must give up your own way, take up your cross daily, & follow me.24 If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for my sake, you will save it.
Believing Believers are not bother by the shiny objects in the world systems.
- Women with the issue of blood – Luke 8:40-48 – If you suffer, however, it must not be for murder, stealing, making trouble, or prying into other
- The prince of air offers Jesus the control of the world systems – Ephesians 2:2, Matthew 4:8-9.
Believing Believers are righteous because they believe God.
- Genesis 15:6 (NKJV) – And he believed in the Lord, and He accounted it to him for righteousness.
- Following Jesus is the only “religion” that carries a promise of changing you from the inside/out –
- Acts 2:33 (NKJV) – Therefore being exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He poured out this which you now see and hear.
Believing Believers are doers! They are a Nike generation
- James 2:17-20 (NLT) – tells us this type of believing causes doing.
- 1 John 5:4 – For whatever is born of God overcomes the world and this is the victory that has overcome the world, our faith.
Believing Believers declare things and they happen.
- Lord been speaking to us much about power of declaration– Job 22:28 (NKJV) – You will also declare a thing, and it will be established for you; so light will shine on your ways.
- Zechariah 4:6-7 – So he answered and said to me: “This isthe word of the Lord to Zerubbabel: ‘Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,’ Says the Lord of hosts. 7 ‘Who are you, O great mountain? Before Zerubbabel (insert Believing Believer’s name) you shall become a plain! And he shall bring forth the capstone with shouts of “Grace, grace to it!” ’ ”
Believing Believers walk in the impossible.
- Ephesians 3:20 (NKJV) – Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us.
- Luke 1:37 – For with God nothing is impossible.
Believing Believers have testimonies.
- You need testimonies to defeat the enemy of our souls – Revelation 12:11 (NLT) – And they have defeated him by the blood of the Lamb and by their testimony. And they did not love their lives so much that they were afraid to die.
* The audio corresponding to this post is under “media” on this site – dhfirstag.org
- July 2023
- June 2023
- January 2022
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- January 2018
- Losing Your Life in Christ to Save It (and Others too) July 23, 2023
- Deliverance Made Simple July 9, 2023
- Why Don’t People Listen?? June 25, 2023
- When the Son Becomes a Father – 6/18/2023 June 18, 2023