The Mind – The War Ground of the Believer
This is the default position where the Believer is supposed to be.
- Romans 8:1-2 (NLT) – So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. 2 And because you belong to him, the power of the life-giving Spirit has freed you from the power of sin that leads to death.
Then why is it hard to live in this position – because you are in a war.
- The apostle Paul says in Romans 7:15 – “I don’t really understand myself, for I want to do what is right, but I don’t do it. Instead, I do what I hate.”
- It’s because a war rages inside each believer for dominion/control of you – Romans 8:7-8 (NLT) – For the sinful nature is always hostile to God. It never did obey God’s laws, and it never will. 8 That’s why those who are still under the control of their sinful nature can never please God.
Who is the enemy in this war? You!
- Ephesians 6:12 (KJV) – For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
- Romans 8:5-6 (NLT) – Those who are dominated by the sinful nature think about sinful things … 6 So letting your sinful nature control your mind leads to death…
- But this division also happens in our mind – James 1:6-8 (NKJV) – But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. 7 For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; 8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.
So how does a believer fight this war of the mind?
- Romans 8:5-6 (NLT) – … but those who are controlled by the Holy Spirit think about things that please the Spirit. 6 … But letting the Spirit control your mind leads to life and peace.
- This is why your old self must die – Romans 6:11 (NLT) – So you also should consider (reckoning) yourselves to be dead to the power of sin and alive to God through Christ Jesus.
- 2 Corinthians 10:3-6 (NKJV) – For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. 4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, 5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, 6 and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled.
It’s all about who you are feeding the most – your flesh or your spirit.
- God reveals His will and direction to by His Spirit – 1 Corinthians 2:10-16.
- First you need the Holy Spirit – Romans 8:9 (NKJV) – But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.
- Praise and worship is critical in warfare (Judges 20:18).
- January 2022
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- January 2018