The Law of Grace – 3/31/2019
The Law of Grace – 3/31/2019
The Law of Moses could never eradicate sin.
- Hebrews 10:4 (NKJV) – For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and goats could take away sins.
- Romans 6:1-2a (NKJV) – What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin (to practice sin in the Amplified version) that grace may abound? 2 Certainly not!
- The word Greek is charis – grace, favor, thanks, divine influence.
- Romans 6:23 (NLT) – …free gift of God…
- The Greek word charisma – which means gift.
- Thus, in the context of what the Romans 6, grace is the power of God to overcome sin & it is free!
The activation of grace is by way of faith in Jesus Christ.
- Ephesians 2:8-10 (NKJV) – For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.
We try obedience but continue to fail.
- We are called to live a holy (set apart), obedient life unto God – 1 Peter 1:15 (NKJV) – But as He who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct.
- And that holy life comes when we choose to obey God – Romans 6:15-17 (NLT) – Well then, since God’s grace has set us free from the law, does that mean we can go on sinning? Of course not! 16 Don’t you realize that you become the slave of whatever you choose to obey? You can be a slave to sin, which leads to death, or you can choose to obey God, which leads to righteous living. 17 Thank God! Once you were slaves of sin, but now you wholeheartedly obey this teaching we have given you.
But true obedience requires death.
- Romans 6:6-7 (NLT) – We know that our old sinful selves were crucified with Christ so that sin might lose its power in our lives. We are no longer slaves to sin.
There must be a reckoning that you are dead.
- Romans 6:11 (NLT) – So you also should consider (reckoning) yourselves to be dead to the power of sin and alive to God through Christ Jesus.
- Romans 6:12 (AMP) – Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its lusts and passions.
- How often must you die – daily – 1 Corinthians 15:31 (NKJV) – I affirm, by the boasting in you which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.
Led by the Spirit of God – How’s that look??
- Romans 8:1 (NKJV) – There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, whodo not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
- July 2023
- June 2023
- January 2022
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- January 2018
- Losing Your Life in Christ to Save It (and Others too) July 23, 2023
- Deliverance Made Simple July 9, 2023
- Why Don’t People Listen?? June 25, 2023
- When the Son Becomes a Father – 6/18/2023 June 18, 2023