Watch Live on our youtube channel “The First Channel”
The good Samaritan.
- The parable of the good Samaritan – Luke 10:25-37.
- Philippians 2:3 (NKJV) – Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself.
The Apostle Paul understood inconvenience.
- 2 Corinthians 11:23-27 (NLT) – Are they servants of Christ? I know I sound like a madman, but I have served him far more! I have worked harder, been put in prison more often, been whipped times without number, and faced death again and again. 24 Five different times the Jewish leaders gave me thirty-nine lashes. 25 Three times I was beaten with rods. Once I was stoned. Three times I was shipwrecked. Once I spent a whole night and a day adrift at sea. 26 I have traveled on many long journeys. I have faced danger from rivers and from robbers. I have faced danger from my own people, the Jews, as well as from the Gentiles. I have faced danger in the cities, in the deserts, and on the seas. And I have faced danger from men who claim to be believers but are not. 27 I have worked hard and long, enduring many sleepless nights. I have been hungry and thirsty and have often gone without food. I have shivered in the cold, without enough clothing to keep me warm.
The most inconvenient thing is to become a people.
- 1 Peter 2:9-10 (NLT) – But you are not like that, for you are a chosen people. You are royal priests, a holy nation, God’s very own possession. As a result, you can show others the goodness of God, for he called you out of the darkness into his wonderful light. 10 “Once you had no identity as a people; now you are God’s people. Once you received no mercy; now you have received God’s mercy.”
- And at the end of the day, we are called to promote change, not only in ourselves, but also helping others to change – Galatians 6:1-10 (NLT).
- And this is w people who don’t want to change, think its everyone else – we want tell them they r wrong, correct them
- We need to become unoffendable – Colossians 3:13 (NLT) – Make allowance for each other’s faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others.
But the most important thing to inconvenienced by is prayer – both closet (individual) and corporate prayer.
- Persistent prayer is powerful – Luke 11:1-13 (NLT).
- Worship and prayer is the engine for everything else – Acts 2:42, 46a (NLT) – All the believers devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching, and to fellowship, and to sharing in meals (including the Lord’s Supper), and to prayer… 46 They worshiped together at the Temple each day…
- 1 Thessalonians 5:17 (NKJV) – Pray without ceasing. – this requires intimacy in prayer
Eye has not seen, yet!
- We are this Temple! – Haggai 2:9 (NKJV) – ‘The glory of this latter temple shall be greater than the former,’ says the Lord of hosts. ‘And in this place I will give peace,’ says the Lord of hosts.
- 1 Corinthians 2:9 (NKJV) – But as it is written: “Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him.”
* The message corresponding to this post is under “media” on this site – dhfirstag.org – and is available on Wednesday
- January 2022
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- January 2018
- Transformed by the Spirit of God January 15, 2022
- What a Week! April 3, 2021
- Will You Go? March 27, 2021
- The Inconvenient God March 21, 2021
american church ancient enemy attack awakening calling chaos character charismatic Christian christian education church coronavirus covid-19 Dearborn Dearborn Heights Detroit era evangelism fear fear of the Lord gifts glory goat God's way Holy Ghost Holy Spirit Leadership Leviathan New Era open overcomers Pentecostal remnant revival schemes shaking sheep storm stress tares to touch church transformation trust wheat