The Anatomy of the Prophetic Church
The Church/Ecclesia is called to be a prophetic people.
- 1 Corinthians 14:1, 31-32 (NKJV) – Pursue love, and desire spiritual gifts, but especially that you may prophesy … For you can all prophesy one by one, that all may learn and all may be encouraged. 32 And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.
- The structure of the Church is to be built on the Apostles and prophets – Ephesians 2:20 (NKJV) – having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone…
- John 10:27 – My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.
The Holy Spirit is to be free flowing.
- The Holy Spirit is characterized by water because of His flowing nature – Acts 2:33 (NKJV) – Therefore being exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He poured out this which you now see and hear.
- Acts 10:45 (NKJV) – And those of the circumcision who believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out on the Gentiles also.
Prophecy is inconvenient.
- Definition of inconvenient – not easily accessible or at hand; inopportune; untimely; not suiting one’s needs or purposes.
- So why is prophecy inconvenient, because agape (God type of love) is inconvenient – 1 Corinthians 13:4-5 (NLT) – Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud 5 or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged.
So we try to control prophecy.
- Jeremiah 5:31 (NLT) – the prophets give false prophecies, and the priests rule with an iron hand. Worse yet, my people like it that way! But what will you do when the end comes?
So how do we become a prophetic Church? You need to be available. Let me tell you secret.
- It’s about liking what God likes – Psalms 37:3-5 (NLT) – Trust in the Lord and do good. Then you will live safely in the land and prosper. 4 Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you your heart’s desires. 5 Commit everything you do to the Lord. Trust him, and he will help you.
Bottom line – a prophetic Church is a powerful Church because it does the will of God!
* The audio corresponding to this post is under “media” on this site – dhfirstag.org
- July 2023
- June 2023
- January 2022
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- January 2018
- Losing Your Life in Christ to Save It (and Others too) July 23, 2023
- Deliverance Made Simple July 9, 2023
- Why Don’t People Listen?? June 25, 2023
- When the Son Becomes a Father – 6/18/2023 June 18, 2023