- The week of Passover – Numbers 28:16-17 (NLT) – On the fourteenth day of the first month, you must celebrate the Lord’s Passover. 17 On the following day—the fifteenth day of the month—a joyous, seven-day festival will begin, but no bread made with yeast may be eaten.
From the best thing since sliced bread.
- Jesus is a Rockstar! – John 12:12-13 (NKJV) – The next day a great multitude that had come to the feast, when they heard that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem, 13 took branches of palm trees and went out to meet Him, and cried out: “Hosanna! ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!’ The King of Israel!”
- All this is predicated but a recent miracle Jesus had just done – John 12:9 (NLT) – When all the people heard of Jesus’ arrival, they flocked to see him and also to see Lazarus, the man Jesus had raised from the dead.
To worst than dirt.
- The enemy saw also – John 12:10-11 (NLT) – Then the leading priests decided to kill Lazarus, too, 11 for it was because of him that many of the people had deserted them and believed in Jesus.
- And Jesus knew something was up though – John 12:27-28 (NKJV) – “Now My soul is troubled, and what shall I say? ‘Father, save Me from this hour’? But for this purpose I came to this hour. 28 Father, glorify Your name.” Then a voice came from heaven, saying, “I have both glorified it and will glorify it again.”
- Much of the same crowd on Palm Sunday now are shouting “Crucify Him” to Jesus – John 19:15 (NKJV) – But they cried out, “Away with Him, away with Him! Crucify Him!” Pilate said to them, “Shall I crucify your King?” The chief priests answered, “We have no king but Caesar!”
To Savior of the world.
- But something much more significant was about to happen – 1 Corinthians 2:7-9 (NKJV) – But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory, 8 which none of the rulers of this age knew; for had they known, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. 9 But as it is written: “Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him.”
- The resurrection of Jesus would also open the graves of others – Matthew 27:51-52 (NLT) – At that moment the curtain in the sanctuary of the Temple was torn in two, from top to bottom. The earth shook, rocks split apart, 52 and tombs opened. The bodies of many godly men and women who had died were raised from the dead.
Communion – the last teaching of Jesus before the cross.
- Jesus institutes communion, the Last Supper – Luke 22:15-20.
- This is re-confirmed in book of Revelation – Revelation 3:20 (NLT) – Jesus says “Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends.”
- Are you willing to see things that have yet to be seen?? – 1 Corinthians 2:9