The remnant is the foundation.
- Don’t despise small beginnings – Zechariah 8:6– “This is what the Lord of Heaven’s Armies says: All this may seem impossible to you now, a small remnant of God’s people. But is it impossible for me? says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies.
- While God has laid the foundation of the Church/Ekklesia – Ephesians 2:20 – having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone,
- Maybe God is not laying the foundation of the temple once again – in need of much repair
- Zechariah 4:9-10 – “Zerubbabel is the one who laid the foundation of this Temple, and he will complete it. Then you will know that the Lord of Heaven’s Armies has sent me. 10 Do not despise these small beginnings, for the Lord rejoices to see the work begin, to see the plumb line in Zerubbabel’s hand.
- We are that temple, collectively – 1 Corinthians 3:16 – Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
- Individually – 1 Corinthians 6:19– Don’t you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? – You do not belong to yourself
- This is a moveable Temple – Acts 15:16 – ‘After this, I will return and will rebuild the tabernacle of David, which has fallen down; I will rebuild its ruins, and I will set it up;
- This Tabernacle is made to a pattern shown by God, 1st to Moses in Exodus 25 and 26 – Acts 7:44, 48 – “Our fathers had the tabernacle of witness in the wilderness, as He appointed, instructing Moses to make it according to the pattern that he had seen, … 48 “However, the Most High does not dwell in temples made with hands, as the prophet says:
- The Bridal party – Matthew 25:1-5 – “Then the Kingdom of Heaven will be like ten bridesmaids who took their lamps and went to meet the bridegroom. 2 Five of them were foolish, and five were wise. 3 The five who were foolish didn’t take enough olive oil for their lamps, 4 but the other five were wise enough to take along extra oil. 5 When the bridegroom was delayed, they all became drowsy and fell asleep.
- Parables of the Kingdom, giving kingdom understanding – follows teaching on end times and 2nd coming
- Ten represents the religious community – five represents grace, 5-fold ministry – the bridegroom is engaged to the Church as a whole – 1 Corinthians 11:2 – For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.
- 5 wise and 5 dull – all slumbering and need to be awakening
The devil always has a counterfeit.
- The devil is called a lying wonder and desires to create something that imitates the real
- The prostitute – Revelation 17:1-2 – Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came and talked with me, saying to me, “Come, I will show you the judgment of the great harlot who sits on many waters, 2 with whom the kings of the earth committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth were made drunk with the wine of her fornication.”
- Spiritual fornication – Jeremiah 3:6– During the reign of King Josiah, the Lord said to me, “Have you seen what fickle Israel has done? Like a wife who commits adultery, Israel has worshiped other gods on every hill and under every green tree.
- 2 Timothy 3:5 – They will act religious, but they will reject the power that could make them godly. Stay away from people like that!
- False church conforms to, agrees with the world – is the prostitute, not the bride, has no oil
- Apostate church, political correctness, ISIS – evil increasing
But there is a real one that is ready.
- Acts 7:51– “You stiff-necked and
uncircumcised in heart and ears! You always resist the Holy Spirit; as your fathers did, so do you.
- Not our human agendas – Fanning the flame of the Holy Spirit
- How, by receiving the Word on good soil (Matthew 13) and doing it (James 1:22)
This is a Karois time
- Redeem the time because the days are evil – Ephesians 5:16.
- Moving quickly to another kairos time – a time that will redefine history.