What does trust mean?
- Psalms 37:3-5– Trust in the Lord, and do good; Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness. 4 Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart. 5 Commit [rolloff onto]your way to the Lord, trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass.
- Trust – firm belief in the reliability, truth, ability, or strength of someone or something
- Partial trust is no trust. Doubt is not fully trusting.
- Everything but syndrome – need to double down in our trust with God
We trust in the wrong things.
- 1 Timothy 6:17– Teach those who are rich in this world not to be proud and not to trust in their money, which is so unreliable. Their trust should be in God, who richly gives us all we need for our enjoyment.
- We trust Ford more than God – James 4:3– And even when you ask, you don’t get it because your motives are all wrong—you want only what will give you pleasure (lustful desires).
Total trust can be very painful.
- We’ve all been let down – the what if’s – this is what holds us back
- Psalm 30:5b– Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comesin the morning.
- God wants us to go through the wall – Psalms 23:4– Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You arewith me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
- There is something about a person at the lowest point in their life – Matthew 5:3– “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.” – 1stpart of Jesus’ 1st sermon to the multitudes.
- Sometimes it’s very painful, but God wants all of you. God is near a broken and contrite spirit.
- He wants to clean the innermost part of you out, but you must trust.
- We continue to wonder what is God doing.
I’m trusting but God isn’t doing – so we think.
- “You don’t know everything.” – my first direction/instruction in the new era
- God is waiting for hunger to ripen – James 5:7 –Dear brothers and sisters, be patient as you wait for the Lord’s return. Consider the farmers who patiently wait for the rains in the fall and in the spring. They eagerly look for the valuable harvest to ripen.
- Waiting for people to cry out for freedom, just like the Jews did in Egypt after 400 years(40 means trials 10 fold).
Thanking God because you trusting He has already won the victory!
- Philippians 4:6-7– Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done (and all He is about to do).7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
Happiness is temporary – rest is everlasting – freedom is forever – we can choose today
God wants revival here at First Assembly – Romans 8:19; Romans 8:23