The power of the spoken word
- Psalms 2:7- The king proclaims (declares)the Lord’s decree: “The Lordsaid to me, ‘You are my son. Today I have become your Father.
- And when the Lord decrees a thing, it is established – Job22:28
- God creates heaven and earth (Genesis 1:1). We see the Spirit of God (the Holy Spirit) involved with this creation process (Genesis 1:2). God does this by speaking it (Genesis 1:3…).
- ALL THE GOD HEAD PRESENT
- IN THE BEGINNING, HE CALLED LIGHT OUT OF DARKNESS – HE DIDN’T SAY ‘OH WOW, IT’S DARK’
- Notice how the WORD ONLY WORKS ALONG WITH THE SPIRIT
- ROMANS 4:17, CALL THINGS NOT AS THOUGH THEY WERE
This Word has power – can be both good and bad!
- Proverbs 18:21 (NKJV) – Death and lifeare in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruit.
- Romans 4:17b – God, who gives life to the dead and calls those things which do not exist as though they did
- Paul was talking about Abraham – God spoke it and it happened – not in Abraham’s lifetime
- Healing is not in the natural realm, so we call ourselves healed
- James 3:8 …but no one can tame the tongue. It is restless and evil, full of deadly poison.
- Matthew 12:34- You brood of snakes! How could evil men like you speak what is good and right? For whatever is in your heart determines what you say.
- Only God can tame
The Word is to be used with the precision of a surgeon’s knife.
- Hebrews 4:12-13a (NLT)- For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires.13 Nothing in all creation is hidden from God.
- A discerner is hearing god’s voice then effectively declares
- Separating right/wrong, light/darkness
- Divides what was made up in your mind and what was revelation from the holy spirit through your spirit
- It becomes an effective weapon – Ephesians 6:17b-the sword of the Spirit, which is the word (Rhema)of God;
Jesus, The Word of God, is the gateway.
- 2 Corinthians 12:2 – I was caught up to the 3rd heaven 14 years ago. Whether I was in my body or out of my body, I don’t know—only God knows.
- The Word is God (John 1:1). The word for Word is “logos” which means divine reasoning and creative order.
- The Word takes on human nature in our physical, 3-dimensional world (John 1:14).
- We live in a 3-dimensional world – the war is between dimension
- It’s the Word that punches through the 2nd heaven realm – True worship is the portal/gateway John 4:24
- A decree requires faith, faith requires evidence – Hebrews 11:1
- Luke 10:17-18 – When the seventy-two disciples returned, they joyfully reported to him, “Lord, even the demons obey us when we use your name!” 18 “Yes,”he told them, “I saw Satan fall from heaven like lightning!
- When walking in this delegated authority – the enemy hates it
- Galatians 6:9 – So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up.
- Matthew 9:37 – He said to his disciples, “The harvest is great, but the workers are few.
Most powerful when done in unison
- Leviticus 26:8 – Five of you will chase a hundred, and a hundred of you will chase ten thousand! All your enemies will fall beneath your sword.