The Church is God’s chosen weapon to combat evil
We are in a real war – Ephesians 6:12
- It means can be real casualties
John the Baptist, operating under the Spirit of Elijah, knew there would be a struggle – Matthew 11:12
So we need weapons that work – 2 Corinthians 10:3-5 – The Local Church – God’s Weapon of Choice
- Why the attack been so great on, especially in Canada?
- Only God’s way will work – What is God’s way??
- The local Church is the public representation of the presence of God on earth.
Acts 2:42-47 is the model for us
- Already baptized in the Holy Spirit
- Met in the public (Temple) daily, had connect groups, gave generously, outward focused
- They gathered and worshipped together often
The Church of Ephesus in Acts 19 is the example
- Baptized in the Holy Spirit
- Met in a public place with a small group of 12
- Religious people got nervous and retaliated
- Everyone heard the Word of the Lord, thus again the outward focus
- God revealed Himself thru His disciples
- The glory of God showed up
The engine – Love for one another
- John 13:34-35 – A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. 35 By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”
- And this God type love is summed up in Philippians 2:3– Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself.
There’s Holy Ghost power in the local Church when coming together
- Power comes from the anointing – Psalms 133– How wonderful and pleasant it is when brothers live together in harmony/unity! 2For harmony/unity is as precious as the anointing oil that was poured over Aaron’s head …
- Anointing is a special endowment of power – Christian really means the anointed ones
- But this is quite a Paradigm shift in our culture
- Isaiah 10:27 – It shall come to pass in that day That his burden will be taken away from your shoulder, And his yoke from your neck, And the yoke will be destroyed because of the anointing oil.