A most unusual season
- We are living in perilous times – 2 Timothy 3:1– But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come:
- It is a tough time to be a believing Christian –Matthew 24:5, 12– Formany will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many … 12 lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow
The accuser of the brethren season
- This is the old wineskin – Revelation 12:10– Then I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, “Now salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren, who accused them before our God day and night, has been cast down.
- John 12:47–I’m not judging those who hear me but don’t obey me,I have come to save the world & not to judge it.
- Backbiting, murmuring/complaining
The season of convenience
- This is the old wineskin – Revelation 3:16:17– But since you are like lukewarm water, neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth!17 You say, ‘I am rich. I have everything I want. I don’t need a thing!’ And you don’t realize that you are wretched and miserable and poor and blind and naked.
- Blessed are the poor in spirit – Matthew 5:3
- You are blessed when you are seeking Him because you know you need more of him
- Serving from the sofa – Consumer vs. contributor mindset
The bride making herself ready season
- Ephesian 5:25-32– tells we are the bride of Christ
- This is the new wineskin – Revelation 19:7-8– Let us be glad and rejoice and give Him glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His wife has made herself ready.” 8 And to her it was granted to be arrayed in fine linen, clean and bright, for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints.
- This is an unusual season of grace – and grace is not a play-around word in the Word
The table is the answer!
- This is the new wineskin – Revelation 2:4-5– “But I have this complaint against you. You don’t love me or each other as you did at first!5 Look how far you have fallen! Turn back to me and do the works you did at first. If you don’t repent, I will come and remove your lampstand from its place among the churches.
- But how, the tables invitation is the answer – Revelation 3:20– Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends.
- The great wedding feast – Matthew 22:1-14
- The Church is the gathering – Rev 19:17b– “Come! Gather together for the great banquet God has prepared.”
Quit complaining about all of the wrong things – God is raising up Elijah forerunners
- Malachi 4:5– Look, I am sending you the prophet Elijah before the great and dreadful day of the Lord
- Matthew 11:11– “Assuredly, I say to you, among those born of women there has not risen one greater than John the Baptist; but he who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.
- Spirit of Elijah – Luke 1:17– He will also go before Him in the spirit and power of Elijah.