It is Finished
- John 19:30– So when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, “It is finished!” bowing His head, He gave up His spirit.
- Matthew 27:51-54– Then, behold, the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom; and the earth quaked, and the rocks were split, 52 and the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised; 53 and coming out of the graves after His resurrection, they went into the holy city and appeared to many. 54 So when the centurion and those with him, who were guarding Jesus, saw the earthquake and the things that had happened, they feared greatly, saying, “Truly this was the Son of God!”
- The sun darkened, the veil ripped apart, the graves opened
- The old covenant of legalism which was necessary only led to sin and death
- HIS LIFE AS A MAN WAS DONE – BUT MORE THAN THAT, HE HAD SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED HIS EARTHLY ROLE.
- Jesus could truly say – 2 Timothy 4:7– I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
- Devils like whew, when something dead it’s done
- But devil didn’t comprehend this principle now in play – John 12:24 – I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat is planted in the soil and dies, it remains alone. But its death will produce many new kernels,a plentiful harvest of new lives.
- But Jesus is not where He is suppose to be – Matthew 28:5-7 – But the angel answered and said to the women, “Do not be afraid, for I know that you seek Jesus who was crucified. 6 He is not here; for He is risen, as He said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay. 7 And go quickly and tell His disciples that He is risen from the dead, and indeed He is going before you into Galilee; there you will see Him. Behold, I have told you.”
But it really was a new beginning
- Man was once again able to approach God – and this good news would be spread around the world
Something new is really happening.
- God is doing something new, something new in His Church.
- Zechariah 8:6 – “This is what the Lord of Heaven’s Armies says: All this may seem impossible to you now, a small remnant of God’s people. But is it impossible for me? says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies.
- Eight represents new beginning in the Bible – eight is used for circumcision.
- God is laying the foundation of the temple once again, the Church is in startup mode
But you are going to need the keys to open the door – principles, kingdom principles
- Jesus has the keys – Revelation 1:18– I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death.
- They are the keys of King David, to the kingdom – Revelation 3:7 – “And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write these things says He who is holy, He who is true, “He who has the key of David, He who opens and no one shuts, and shuts and no one opens”
- And He gave those keys to His people, the Church – Matthew 16:16, 17-18 – Simon Peter answered and said, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” … 18 And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it. 19 And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”
- You are going to need the keys to open the door