God wants to tell us secrets – God wants to speak to His people
- Deuteronomy 5:22-31– spoke these commands with a loud voice
- Daniel 2:28– But there is a God in heaven who reveals secrets, and He has made known to King Nebuchadnezzar what will be in the latter days. Your dream, and the visions of your head upon your bed, were these:
- John 10:27– My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.
- 2 Timothy 2:15– Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
- Timothy is admonished to cut straight – This means we can miss it – Many have made mistakes
- If the apostle Paul says we see thru a muddy window (1 Corinthians 13:12) – it means you can too.
How do we hear from God correctly?
- Hebrews 4:12– For the word/logos of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
- Separates what is soulish from our worldly realm and what is from the spirit, the Holy Spirit realm
- And just because you start a sentence “Thus said the Lord” doesn’t mean it is from the Holy Spirit.
- Must appropriately apply the Word
- Deuteronomy 5:22– He added nothing more
Unity and being on one accord is huge – the entire assembly – Deuteronomy 5:22 God is going to speak thru the body.
God will say things you don’t agree with, that don’t make sense to our little world view.
- The 2 or 3 principle –
Matthew 18:16– But if he will not hear, take with you one or two more, that ‘by the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.’
- Matthew 18:20– For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them.”
- 2 Corinthians 13:1– This will bethe third time I am coming to you. “By the mouth of two or three witnesses every word shall be established.”
Creating gateways – Genesis 28:17– And he was afraid and said, “How awesome is this place! This is none other than the house of God, and this is the gate of heaven!”
Building a vortex – 2 Kings 2:11– Then it happened, as they continued on and talked, that suddenly a chariot of fire appeared with horses of fire, and separated the two of them; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.
Whirlwind – a column of air moving rapidly around and around in a cylindrical or funnel shape.
It is vital that the Ekkelsia hear correctly from God. – Deuteronomy 5:29
How to wait – Acts 1:4 We are told to wait – Isaiah 40:31
wait/kaw-vaw’ – wait with hope & expecting – bind/intertwine together