Commanded not to be anxious for nothing.
- Philippians 4:6a– Be anxious for nothing … – Our society is full of anxiety.
- What is anxiety? – the feeling of fear, dread, uneasiness – irrational fear over things you can’t control.
- Anxiety leads to stress and stress causes physical responses in the body reserved for the most severe threats.
- Spiritually speaking, anxiety is meant to wear out the Church – Daniel 7:25– And he shall speak great words against the Most High, and shall wear (persecute) out the saints of the Most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.
- Causes depression – people often focus on anxiety – why except – Easier said than done – let me talk about Thursday
Jesus’ answer to anxiety is peace
- Philippians 4:7-… & the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, w guard ur hearts & minds thru Christ Jesus.
- And this peace is unlike anything the world can offer – John 14:27– Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
- How do we get there, to this peace – via relationship – knowing God like the five wise virgins of Matthew 25
- And that Thursday I was lacking that peace
How do we get peace? – By prayer.
- Philippians 4:6b– … but in everything by prayer & supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;
- Hearing His voice AND following – John 10:27 – My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
- All is part of God’s plan
- It is a two-step process – many leave when called to a new level, shut down the voice
Not following your conviction will give you anxiety.
- A lot of times, the Holy Spirit’s conviction causes us anxiety because we are not willing to listen to that still, small voice of the Holy Spirit
- We must become believing believers. A believing believer will eventually follow the Holy Spirit’s conviction.
- According to Romans 5:3-5, God is increasing our capacity not just to do more but to trust more.
- The more you listen, the more you trust, the more you operate in the supernatural – this is my conviction for us
What’s your mindset?
- Being grateful is also a key to peace which comes from being content in all things – Philippians 4:4 – Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! (because your name is found in the Book of Life)
- Isaiah 26:3 – Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
- This is where the mind needs to stay – Philippians 4:8 – … Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.
- Take the steps necessary from Holy Spirit conviction – leave the rest to God’s grace
- Must remember that everything that’s happening is God’s plan, God’s doing – trust in that.