Righteousness Exalts a Nation – Voting Biblically
Understanding America Origins and Heritage.
The Mayflower Compact
“…Having undertaken for the Glory of God, and Advancement of the Christian Faith, and the Honour of our King and Country, a voyage to plant the first colony in the northern parts of Virginia; do by these presents, solemnly and mutually in the Presence of God and one of another, covenant and combine ourselves together into a civil Body Politick…”
What about this separation of church and state thing?
- The 1st amendment provides that “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof …”
- The phrase “separation of church and state” is traced to an 1802 by Thomas Jefferson, addressed to the Danbury Baptist Association in Connecticut. Jefferson was referring to prior legislation “The Act Establishing Religious Freedom in Virginia” (1786). The legislation was meant to diminish the government’s influence on religion, not religion’s influence on government.
- The following Sunday, after Jefferson submitted that letter, he attended church in one of the Federal government’s building.
Since righteousness exalts a nation, vote morally (according to God’s stand – the Bible).
- Proverbs 14:34 (NKJV) – Righteousness exalts (makes great) a nation, but sin isa reproach (shameful) to any
- Psalms 33:12 (NKJV) – Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord (Jehovah)…
- Psalms 9:17 (NKJV) – The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.
As President Ronald Reagan once said: “If we ever forget that we’re one nation under God, then we will be one nation gone under.”
What are the moral issues to consider when voting?
- The less fortunate – Leviticus 19:9-10 – When you reap the harvest of your land, you shall not wholly reap the corners of your field, nor shall you gather the gleanings of your harvest.10 And you shall not glean your vineyard, nor shall you gather every grape of your vineyard; you shall leave them for the poor and the stranger: I am the Lord your God.
- Vote for candidates and issues that help the less fortunate, that not only provide the less fortunate with “fish” but also teach and encourage the less fortunate “how to fish.”
- Freedom of religion – John 8:32-36 (NKJV) – And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free… 36 Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.
- While the Bible tells us to be subject to government authorities over us (Romans 13) – we are the ones who choose the government, thus making us the government, in the United States.
- Vote for candidates and issues that recognize our Christian heritage & values, and support worship in the public square.
- Blessing the nation of Israel – Genesis 12:1-3 (NKJV) – Now the Lordhad said to Abram: “Get out of your country, from your family and from your father’s house, to a land that I will show you. 2 I will make you a great nation; I will bless you
and make your name great; and you shall be a blessing. 3 I will bless those who bless you, and I will curse him who curses you; and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.”
- Vote for candidates that support Israel.
- Racism – Matthew 24:7a – Nation (race) will rise against nation (race) …
- Satan wants to categorize people – Revelation 12:10 (NKJV) – Then I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, “Now salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren, who accused them before our God day & night, has been cast down.
- Vote for candidates that help all races of people.
- Tradition of marriage – Genesis 1:27 (NLT) – So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.
- Hebrews 13:4 – Marriage is honorable among all, and the bed undefiled; but fornicators and adulterers God will judge.
- Vote for candidates that have a Biblical worldview of marriage.
Pro-life vs pro-choice – the biggest of issues.
- Jeremiah 32:35 (NKJV) – And they built the high places of Baal which are in the Valley of the Son of Hinnom, to cause their sons and their daughters to pass through the fire to Molech, which I did not command them, nor did it come into My mind that they should do this abomination, to cause Judah to sin.
- Psalms 106:38 (NLT) – They shed innocent blood, the blood of their sons and daughters. By sacrificing them to the idols of Canaan, they polluted the land with murder.
- Vote for candidates and issues that are pro-life – period!
Let’s get God’s mind on the election. As we do, remember not just to vote the Lord’s mind but also to pray God’s mind.
- God knows who to vote for – 1 Corinthians 2:16 (NLT) – For, “Who can know the Lord’s thoughts? Who knows enough to teach him?” But we understand these things, for we have the mind of Christ.
- America will choose whether to go back to it’s origins of a Biblical world view or move closer to a more radical, post-Christian nation on November 3rd, 2020. It’s our choice.
* The audio corresponding to this post is under “media” on this site – dhfirstag.org – and is available on Monday
- July 2023
- June 2023
- January 2022
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- January 2018
- Losing Your Life in Christ to Save It (and Others too) July 23, 2023
- Deliverance Made Simple July 9, 2023
- Why Don’t People Listen?? June 25, 2023
- When the Son Becomes a Father – 6/18/2023 June 18, 2023