Praise Him in the Hallway
The Lord has a plan but there is a hallway that must be transcended first.
- Proverbs 19:21 (NLT) – You can make many plans, but the Lord’s purpose (plans) will prevail.
- A hallway is a long passage from one room with a door to another room with a door.
- The path that takes us from the revealing of the plan to the fulfillment of the plan is the hallway.
God wants you in the hallway because much is developed in the hallway.
- Character is developed in the hallway – Jesus considered Himself a bondservant – Philippians 2:5-7.
- Leaders are made in the hallway – ask the Apostles – Philippians 1:1.
- The Greek meaning of minister is servant, an under-rower, subordinate rower, anyone who serves with their hands.
Many will not finish their hallway.
- 2 Timothy 3:1-5 (NLT) – You should know this, Timothy, that in the last days there will be very difficult times. 2 For people will love only themselves and their money. They will be boastful and proud … 5 They will act religious, but they will reject the power that could make them godly. Stay away from people like that!
- Why? Because the altar is in the hallway – Exodus 20:24 (NLT) – Build for me an altar made of earth, and offer your sacrifices to me—your burnt offerings and peace offerings, your sheep and goats, and your cattle. Build my altar wherever I cause my name to be remembered, and I will come to you and bless you.
But new wine requires new wineskins.
- God is producing new wine – Joel 2:24 (NLT) – The threshing floors will again be piled high with grain, and the presses will overflow with new wine and olive oil.
- Mark 2:22 (NLT) – “And no one puts new wine into old wineskins. For the wine would burst the wineskins, and the wine and the skins would both be lost. New wine calls for new wineskins.”
· Joel 2:16 tells us to gather all the people - It's no longer about how we do things separately. God is going to speak to and through the body.
· We see in part & know in part & that is why we need each other – 1 Corinthians 13:9 - Now our knowledge is partial and incomplete, and even the gift of prophecy reveals only part of the whole picture!
But those who transcend the hallway will experience transformation and without true transformation you are just in the “called” column.
- The veil is the door at the end of your transcending the hallway – Exodus 26:33 – And you shall hang the veil from the clasps. Then you shall bring the ark of the Testimony in there, behind the veil. The veil shall be a divider for you between the holy place and the Most Holy.
- The veil was ripped from the top on down (Matthew 27:51)
- And its in this place of the Most Holy that the new wineskin is produced – Joel 2:13a (NLT) – Don’t tear your clothing in your grief, but tear your hearts instead…
* The message corresponding to this post is under “media” on this site – dhfirstag.org – and is available on Monday
- January 2022
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- January 2018