Peace that Surpasses All Understanding
There’s a peace that surpasses all human understanding.
- Matthew 24:6b See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
- Can’t pull the sheet over our heads, run away – if I go there or here my troubles will go away
- Philippians 4:6-7 (NKJV) – Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
The Lord has a plan.
- Proverbs 19:21 (NLT) – You can make many plans, but the Lord’s purpose (plans) will prevail.
- But the Lord has a plan is to expose evil – Ephesians 5:11 (NLT) – Take no part in the worthless deeds of evil and darkness; instead, expose them.
- And to awaken people – Ephesians 5:14 (NLT) – … for the light makes everything visible. This is why it is said, “Awake, O sleeper, rise up from the dead, and Christ will give you light.”
- Romans 10:17 (NKJV) – So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word (Greek word Rhema) of God.
We’ve got to cross over.
- God is not using a familiar path – Exodus 13:17-18a (NLT) – When Pharaoh finally let the people go, God did not lead them along the main road that runs through Philistine territory, even though that was the shortest route to the Promised Land. God said, “If the people are faced with a battle, they might change their minds and return to Egypt.” 18 So God led them in a roundabout way through the wilderness toward the Red Sea.
- The enemy brought its “A” game – Exodus 14:6-7a (NLT) – Pharaoh harnessed his chariot and called up his troops. 7 He took with him 600 of Egypt’s best chariots, along with the rest of the chariots of Egypt …
- And we get nervous – Exodus 14:10 (NLT) – As Pharaoh approached, the people of Israel looked up and panicked when they saw the Egyptians overtaking them. They cried out to the Lord.
- And this is what the Lord is saying to us – Exodus 14:14 (NLT) – “The Lord himself will fight for you. Just stay calm.”
We are fighting a greater enemy then the left or the right.
- Ephesians 6:12 (NKJV) – For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.
- Romans 8:31,38-39 (NKJV) – What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? … 38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come,39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
An impossible problem needs a supernatural response!
* The audio corresponding to this post is under “media” on this site – dhfirstag.org – and is available on Monday
- July 2023
- June 2023
- January 2022
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- January 2018
- Losing Your Life in Christ to Save It (and Others too) July 23, 2023
- Deliverance Made Simple July 9, 2023
- Why Don’t People Listen?? June 25, 2023
- When the Son Becomes a Father – 6/18/2023 June 18, 2023