First, why did Jesus have to die on the cross? What was the significance of His death?
- Today we celebrate Jesus risen from the grave – Matthew 28:5-6 (NKJV) – But the angel answered and said to the women, “Do not be afraid, for I know that you seek Jesus who was crucified. 6 He is not here; for He is risen, as He said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.
- Death was defeated approximately 1,990 years ago – 1 Corinthians 15:55-58 (NLT) – O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?” 56 For sin is the sting that results in death, and the law gives sin its power. 57 But thank God! He gives us victory over sin and death through our Lord Jesus Christ.
- And access to God’s presence was made available to us – Matthew 27:50-53 (NLT) – Then Jesus shouted out again, and he released his spirit. 51 At that moment the curtain in the sanctuary of the Temple was torn in two, from top to bottom. The earth shook, rocks split apart, 52 and tombs opened. The bodies of many godly men and women who had died were raised from the dead. 53 They left the cemetery after Jesus’ resurrection, went into the holy city of Jerusalem, and appeared to many people.
Maybe the first thing you do is go fishing – getting back to a place of normalcy.
- John 21:3 (NLT) – Simon Peter said, “I’m going fishing.” “We’ll come, too,” they all said. So they went out in the boat, but they caught nothing all night.
But Jesus has something else in mind and it wasn’t the same ole, same ole.
- John 21:4-6 (NLT) – At dawn Jesus was standing on the beach, but the disciples couldn’t see who he was. 5 He called out, “Fellows, have you caught any fish?” “No,” they replied. 6 Then he said, “Throw out your net on the right-hand side of the boat, and you’ll get some!” So they did, and they couldn’t haul in the net because there were so many fish in it.
Yet these disciples didn’t have to choose this new normal.
- Many of Jesus’ first disciples choose not to follow Him – John 6:66 (NLT) – At this point many of his disciples turned away and deserted him.
- John 21:15 (NLT) – After breakfast Jesus asked Simon Peter, “Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?” “Yes, Lord,” Peter replied, “you know I love you.” “Then feed my lambs,” Jesus told him.
Now what – for you??
- We what to change but how – It’s all in the Lord’s prayer (Matthew 6:9-13):
- Worship the Lord – Our Father in heaven, hallowed be Your name.
- Bring His kingdom into your sphere of influence – Your kingdom come Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
- God left u down here w a purpose
- Living in the now, not way out in the future – Give us this day our daily bread.
- This is where many fail – looking to far ahead, can’t see how could do it – God wants u to end of street
- Unforgiveness causes a lot of problems – And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And do not lead us into temptation but deliver us from the evil one.
- knowing it’s His mercy and grace we are able to stand – For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever.
- – But it’s your choice??
- January 2022
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- January 2018