Many are Called – Few are Chosen – What Column You In??
I suppose all believers are called.
- Matthew 22:14 – For many are called, but few are chosen.
- Romans 11:29 – For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.
- So why do so few make it into the “chosen” column?
First you must except the calling.
- Your life book was written well before you were conceived – Psalms 139:16 (NLT) – You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed.
- Everyone’s calling has something to do with souls – 2 Corinthians 5:18 (NIV) – All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation:
This where character comes in.
- These fragile clay jars are our flesh – 2 Corinthians 4:7 (NLT) – We now have this light shining in our hearts, but we ourselves are like fragile clay jars containing this great treasure. This makes it clear that our great power is from God, not from ourselves.
- Our flesh must be dealt with to get these great treasures out – Galatians 5:24 (NKJV) – And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
- Look at Gideon – Judges 7:20 (NKJV) – Then the three companies blew the trumpets and broke the pitchers—they held the torches in their left hands and the trumpets in their right hands for blowing—and they cried, “The sword of the Lord and of Gideon!”
How do we do this?
- James 4:6-8 (NKJV) – But He gives more grace. Therefore He says: “God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble.” 7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. 8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
Character changes why we do it.
- Matthew 14:14 (KJV) – And Jesus went forth, and saw a great multitude, and was moved with compassion toward them, and he healed their sick.
- 1 Corinthians 13:2 (KJV) – And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity (love), I am nothing.
- America needs the character of the Church unlike ever before!
* The audio corresponding to this post is under “media” on this site – dhfirstag.org – and is available on Monday
- January 2022
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- January 2018