Watch Live on our youtube channel “The First Channel”
When you receive Christ you now have two different natures living inside of you.
- Romans 8:1 (NKJV) – There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
There’s a war in your mind.
- Romans 8:5-6 (NLT) – Those who are dominated by the sinful nature think about sinful things, but those who are controlled by the Holy Spirit think about things that please the Spirit. 6 So letting your sinful nature control your mind leads to death. But letting the Spirit control your mind leads to life and peace.
- Galatians 5:16-18 (NLT) – So I say, let the Holy Spirit guide your lives. Then you won’t be doing what your sinful nature craves. 17 The sinful nature wants to do evil, which is just the opposite of what the Spirit wants. And the Spirit gives us desires that are the opposite of what the sinful nature desires. These two forces are constantly fighting each other, so you are not free to carry out your good intentions. 18 But when you are directed by the Spirit, you are not under obligation to the law of Moses.
Who is winning in you?
- The sinful nature – Galatians 5:19-21.
- The Holy Spirit nature – Galatians 5:22-23.
What must we do to allow the Holy Spirit to win in us?
- Take thoughts captive – 2 Corinthians 10:3-6 (NKJV) – For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. 4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, 5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, 6 and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled.
- Be violent against fleshly thoughts – Matthew 11:12.
- Eat from the tree of life, not the tree of death – Genesis 2:9, 16-17 (NKJV) – And out of the ground the Lord God made every tree grow that is pleasant to the sight and good for food. The tree of life was also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil… 16 And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, “Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat; 17 but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.”
- Become doers of the Word – James 2:17-20
Which mountain are you climbing?
- Galatians 4:24-26, 28-29 (NLT) – These two women serve as an illustration of God’s two covenants. The first woman, Hagar, represents Mount Sinai where people received the law that enslaved them.25 And now Jerusalem is just like Mount Sinai in Arabia, because she and her children live in slavery to the law. 26 But the other woman, Sarah, represents the heavenly Jerusalem. She is the free woman, and she is our mother … 28 And you, dear brothers and sisters, are children of the promise, just like Isaac. 29 But you are now being persecuted by those who want you to keep the law, just as Ishmael, the child born by human effort, persecuted Isaac, the child born by the power of the Spirit.
- Are you living below our inheritance? – Romans 8:14 (NKJV) – For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. – It’s our choice who leads.
* The audio corresponding to this post is under “media” on this site – dhfirstag.org – and is available on Monday
- January 2022
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- January 2018
- Transformed by the Spirit of God January 15, 2022
- What a Week! April 3, 2021
- Will You Go? March 27, 2021
- The Inconvenient God March 21, 2021
american church ancient enemy attack awakening calling chaos character charismatic Christian christian education church coronavirus covid-19 Dearborn Dearborn Heights Detroit era evangelism fear fear of the Lord gifts glory goat God's way Holy Ghost Holy Spirit Leadership Leviathan New Era open overcomers Pentecostal remnant revival schemes shaking sheep storm stress tares to touch church transformation trust wheat