Watch Live on our youtube channel “The First Channel”
We are in season where there are many challenges.
- We are in the season of birth pains – Matthew 24:8, Mark 13:8.
- We are already experiencing some of the symptoms: pestilence (coronavirus) and nation (ethnic) groups against each other – Matthew 24:7.
- We see playing it safe is not the answer in the parable of the talents – Matthew 25:14-30.
So what is doubling down? 1: to double the original bid in blackjack in exchange for only one more card – the first known use of this term was in 1949. 2: to become more tenacious, zealous, or resolute in a position or undertaking.
The best defense is a good offence.
- Matthew 11:12 (NLT) – And from the time John the Baptist began preaching until now, the Kingdom of Heaven has been forcefully advancing, and violent people are attacking it.
- The sword of the Spirit is our offensive weapon – Ephesians 6:17 – And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
- And this weapon is skillfully applied by faith – Roman 10:17 – So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
- 2nd Timothy 3 tells us the last days are perilous times. 2nd Timothy 4 tells how to respond, by preaching the Word!
Doubling down is a risk. It’s called faith.
- Hebrews 11 is filled with people who took risk, even to painfully losing their life.
- But faith is not a risk at all – Hebrews 11:1 – Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
So how does a believing believer double down?
- We must submit to God, resist the devil and then he will flee from you – James 4:7.
- The kingdom of Heaven has certain characteristics – Romans 14:17 (NKJV) – For the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.
- But we must also raise up a higher standard – Isaiah 59:19 (NKJV) – So shall they fear The name of the Lord from the west, And His glory from the rising of the sun; When the enemy comes in like a flood, The Spirit of the Lord will lift up a standard against him.
But only when we double down do we get the double portion.
- 2 Kings 2:9-13a (NLT) – And Elisha replied, “Please let me inherit a double share of your spirit and become your successor.” 10 “You have asked a difficult thing,” Elijah replied. “If you see me when I am taken from you, then you will get your request. But if not, then you won’t.” 11 As they were walking along and talking, suddenly a chariot of fire appeared, drawn by horses of fire. It drove between the two men, separating them, and Elijah was carried by a whirlwind into heaven.12 Elisha saw it and cried out, “My father! My father! I see the chariots and charioteers of Israel!” And as they disappeared from sight, Elisha tore his clothes in distress. 13 Elisha picked up Elijah’s cloak/mantle, which had fallen when he was taken up… – The picking up of Elijah’s mantle would be the tough part for Elisha.
* The audio corresponding to this post is under “media” on this site – dhfirstag.org – and is available on Monday
- January 2022
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- January 2018
- Transformed by the Spirit of God January 15, 2022
- What a Week! April 3, 2021
- Will You Go? March 27, 2021
- The Inconvenient God March 21, 2021
american church ancient enemy attack awakening calling chaos character charismatic Christian christian education church coronavirus covid-19 Dearborn Dearborn Heights Detroit era evangelism fear fear of the Lord gifts glory goat God's way Holy Ghost Holy Spirit Leadership Leviathan New Era open overcomers Pentecostal remnant revival schemes shaking sheep storm stress tares to touch church transformation trust wheat