It’s Time to Die
There is a time for everything under the sun, even death.
- Ecclesiastes 3:1-2 – To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven: 2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck what is planted;
But not the physical type of death. An inner death must occur.
- Romans 6:3-4a (NKJV) – Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? 4 Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death …
So how does one die inwardly?
- We must crucify (die) to our old nature, our old sinful nature – Ephesians 4:22-24 (NKJV) – that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts, 23 and be renewed in the spirit of your mind, 24 and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness.
- It’s our choice to put the old nature to death – Colossians 3:9-10 (NKJV) – Do not lie to one another, since you have put off the old man with his deeds, 10 and have put on the new man who is renewed in knowledge according to the image of Him who created him
- It’s also a reckoning, an understanding that you are dead to your sinful nature – Romans 6:11-12 (NKJV) – Likewise you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord. 12 Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts.
And it’s not a “one-time – your all set” thing.
- We must die to our old nature, Daily – 1 Corinthians 15:30-31 (KJV) – And why stand we in jeopardy every hour? 31 I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.
- We allow God to put us on the His potter wheel whenever He chooses – Jeremiah 18.
Are you brave enough to let the Lord kill things in you?
- Ministry must be subject to this death also – Genesis 22:1-2 (NKJV) – Now it came to pass after these things that God tested Abraham, and said to him, “Abraham!” And he said, “Here I am.” 2 Then He said, “Take now your son, your only son Isaac, whom you love, and go to the land of Moriah, and offer him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains of which I shall tell you.”
This death is the Holy Spirit reboot the Lord wants to do in this season.
- 2 Corinthians 5:17 (NKJV) – Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things (must) have passed away; behold, all things have become new.
- Romans 8:5-6 (NKJV) – For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh (old nature), but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit (new nature in Christ Jesus). 6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
- Romans 6:4b (NKJV) – … that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
* The audio corresponding to this post is under “media” on this site – dhfirstag.org – and is available on Monday
- January 2022
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- January 2018