Believing requires evidence.
- Faith is real and requires evidence, evidence outside our three dimensional world – Hebrews 11:1 (NKJV) – Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
- Romans 10:17 – So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word (Rhema or living voice) of God.
If we don’t have evidence, how do we know it’s God’s will to heal? Because it’s part of the atonement.
- What is the atonement under the old covenant? – Exodus 29:36 – And you shall offer a bull every day asa sin offering for atonement. You shall cleanse the altar when you make atonement for it, and you shall anoint it to sanctify it.
- How about under the new covenant? – Romans 5:11 (NKJV) – And not only that,but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received the reconciliation (atonement).
- Those who receive Jesus get this in return – Luke 4:18-19 – “The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, because He has anointed Me to preach the gospel to the poor (in spirit); He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted (inner healing), to proclaim liberty to the captives (deliverance) and recovery of sight to the blind (heal the sick), to set at liberty those who are oppressed; 19To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord.”
- And this, in turn, becomes our ministry – 2 Corinthians 5:18 (NKJV) – Now all things areof God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliatio
- And Jesus directed the early disciples to do just that – Matthew 12:1 (NKJV) – And when He had called His twelve disciples to Him, He gave them power over unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all kinds of sickness and all kinds of disease.
Then why doesn’t everyone get healed?
- Some just don’t believe – Mark 6:5-6a (NKJV) – Now He (Jesus) could do no mighty work there, except that He laid His hands on a few sick people and healed them. 6 And He marveled because of their unbelief.
- Paul got a word from God about His specific case – 2 Corinthians 12:8-10 (NKJV) – Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. 9And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
- You shall know the truth and this truth shall make you free – John 8:32.
The Church, the Ecclesia, needs a better batting average.
- Matthew 16:18-19 (NKJV) – And I also say to you thatyou are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it. 19 And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”
- The seventy represent the ecclesia, the called out ones – Luke 10:1 (NKJV) – After these things the Lord appointed seventy others also, and sent them two by two before His face into every city and place where He Himself was about to go.
- The ecclesia, the called out ones, will overcome the works of the enemy.
* The audio corresponding to this post is under “media” on this site – dhfirstag.org
- January 2022
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- January 2018
- Transformed by the Spirit of God January 15, 2022
- What a Week! April 3, 2021
- Will You Go? March 27, 2021
- The Inconvenient God March 21, 2021
american church ancient enemy attack awakening calling chaos character charismatic Christian christian education church coronavirus covid-19 Dearborn Dearborn Heights Detroit era evangelism fear fear of the Lord gifts glory goat God's way Holy Ghost Holy Spirit Leadership Leviathan New Era open overcomers Pentecostal remnant revival schemes shaking sheep storm stress tares to touch church transformation trust wheat