Desiring to do the will of God will invite attack.
- The attack on the apostle Paul – 2 Corinthians 12:7 (NLT) – Even though I have received such wonderful revelations from God. So to keep me from becoming proud, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger from Satan to torment me and keep me from becoming proud.
When (not if) the attack comes we look for relief in all the wrong places.
- Many disciples leave Jesus – John 6:60-61 (NLT) – Many of his disciples said, “This is very hard to understand. How can anyone accept it?” 61 Jesus was aware that his disciples were complaining, so he said to them, “Does this offend you?”
But God has a purpose for these attacks.
- Why does the Lord allow problems and trials in our lives, to build up our spiritual muscles – Romans 5:3-5.
- God uses want the enemy uses for evil and uses it for our good (and His kingdom’s good) – Genesis 50:20 (NKJV) – But as for you, you meant evil against me; but God meant it for good, in order to bring it about as it is this day, to save many people alive.
It’s too hard when we try do it in the flesh.
- John 6:63 (NLT) – The Spirit alone gives eternal life. Human effort accomplishes nothing. And the very words I have spoken to you are spirit and life.
- John 6:66 (NLT) – At this point many of his disciples turned away and deserted Him.
The answer is intensity.
- Intensity in our surrender – We must submit to God (His will – His way), resist the devil and then he will flee from you – James 4:7.
- Intensity in our prayer life – James 5:16 (NIV) – Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.
- Intensity in our relationships – Philippians 2:3 (NKJV) – Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself.
- Intensity in our witness – Luke 10:2 (NKJV) – Then He said to them, “The harvest truly is great, but the laborers are few; therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest.
- But not in the flesh but thru God’s grace – 2 Corinthians 2:9 (NLT) – Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.”So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me.
- In order to rise above the circumstances of life we must meet evil with an overwhelming amount of good – Romans 12:21 (NKJV) – Do not be overcome by evil (or overcome evil with evil), but overcome evil with good.
- Grace is the most powerful action word on earth.
* The audio corresponding to this post is under “media” on this site – dhfirstag.org – and is available on Monday
- January 2022
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- January 2018