If My People
Dissection of one of the most famous scripture text.
- 2 Chronicles 7:14a (NLT) – Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, …
Who are “My people?”
- The Jews are “My people” and the Body of Christ has been engrafted into “My people” – Ephesians 2:15 (NLT) – He did this by ending the system of law with its commandments and regulations. He made peace between Jews and Gentiles by creating in himself one new people from the two groups.
- “My people” are a humble people – James 4:6 – But He gives more
grace. Therefore He says: “God resists the proud,
But gives grace to the humble.”
- “My people” are a praying/seeking people – Matthew 6:33 (NKJV) – But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.
- “My people” are a repented/obedient people – 1 Samuel 15:22-23 (NKJV) – So Samuel said: “Has the Lord as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the Lord? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed than the fat of rams. 23 For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because you have rejected the word of the Lord, He also has rejected you from being king.”
Things change around “My people.”
- 2 Chronicles 7:14b-15 (NLT) – … I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 15 My eyes will be open and my ears attentive to every prayer made in this place
“My people” are that Temple – where the presence of God resides of earth.
- 2 Chronicles 7:16 (NLT) – For I have chosen this Temple and set it apart to be holy—a place where my name will be honored forever. I will always watch over it, for it is dear to my heart.
- We are that Temple – 1 Corinthians 3:16-17 (NKJV) – Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? 17 If anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him. For the temple of God is holy, which temple you are.
- And if we are the Temple where God’s presence resides, then “My people” are a people in one accord, in symphony with the Holy Spirit (Matthew 18:18-20).
- And the gates of will not prevail against “My people,” the Church (Ekklesia – the called out ones) – Matthew 16:18.
When we become “My people” we become God’s ambassadors to the earth!
- January 2022
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- January 2018
american church ancient enemy attack awakening chaos character charismatic Christian christian education church coronavirus covid-19 Dearborn Dearborn Heights defence Detroit double down era evangelism faith fear fear of the Lord God's way Holy Ghost Holy Spirit insidious intensify intensity Jesus Leadership Leviathan New Era offense open overcomers Pentecostal remnant revival schemes shaking storm stress time trust Word