If My People – The Response
Who are “My people?”
- The Jews are “My people” and the Body of Christ has been engrafted into “My people” – Ephesians 2:15 (NLT) – He did this by ending the system of law with its commandments and regulations. He made peace between Jews and Gentiles by creating in himself one new people from the two groups.
- 2 Chronicles 7:14a (NLT) – Then if my people who are called by my name …
- We are that Temple – 1 Corinthians 3:16-17 (NKJV) – Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? 17 If anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him. For the temple of God is holy, which temple you are.
- And if we are the Temple where God’s presence resides, then “My people” are a people in one accord, in symphony with the Holy Spirit (Matthew 18:18-20).
- 2 Chronicles 7:14b – … will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, …
- If we humble ourselves – Isaiah 57:15 (NKJV) – For thus says the High and Lofty One Who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy: “I dwell in the high and holy place, With him who has a contrite and humble spirit, To revive the spirit of the humble, And to revive the heart of the contrite ones.
- If we pray – James 5:16 (NKJV) – Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.
- Hebrew to intervene, mediate, intercede – Energetic prayer of man/woman in right place w God does much to the enemy
- If we seek His face – Matthew 6:33 (NKJV) – But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.
“Turning (The Return)” is the key part of our response.
- If we turn from our wicked ways – Malachi 3:7b (NLT) – Now return to me, and I will return to you,” says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies.
- Repentance bears fruit – Matthew 3:8 – We are not to come out the same way we came in – Ezekiel 46:9.
- To turn is to be transformed – Romans 12:2 – And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
- 2 Chronicles 7:14c-15 (NLT) – … I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 15 My eyes will be open and my ears attentive to every prayer made in this place
We can cause revival!
- We are that temple – 2 Chronicles 7:16 (NLT) – For I have chosen this Temple and set it apart to be holy—a place where my name will be honored forever. I will always watch over it, for it is dear to my heart.
- Revival starts in us! Malachi 4:2-3 – “But for you who fear my name, the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing in his wings. And you will go free, leaping with joy like calves let out to pasture.3 On the day when I act, you will tread upon the wicked as if they were dust under your feet,” says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies.
* The audio corresponding to this post is under “media” on this site – dhfirstag.org – and is available on Monday
- January 2022
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- January 2018
american church ancient enemy attack awakening calling chaos character charismatic Christian christian education church coronavirus covid-19 Dearborn Dearborn Heights Detroit era evangelism fear fear of the Lord gifts glory goat God's way Holy Ghost Holy Spirit Leadership Leviathan New Era open overcomers Pentecostal remnant revival schemes shaking sheep storm stress tares to touch church transformation trust wheat