Seeking God is primarily for you.
- Proverbs 3:6 (NLT) – Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.
- Matthew 7:7-8 (NLT) – “Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened.
Then why do we seem to get “answers” for everyone else?
- Maybe we are too abscess with others – Luke 6:42 (NKJV) – Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Brother, let me remove the speck that isin your eye,’ when you yourself do not see the plank that is in your own eye? Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck that is in your brother’s eye.
- Paul is talking to his disciple, Timothy, not to everyone else – 2 Timothy 3:16-17 (NKJV) – All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.
You are part of a team and it is called the Body of Christ.
- We have a specific job to do in the Body of Christ – 1 Corinthians 12:4-6, 27, 31 (NLT) – There are different kinds of spiritual gifts, but the same Spirit is the source of them all.5 There are different kinds of service, but we serve the same Lord. 6 God works in different ways, but it is the same God who does the work in all of us …27 All of you together are Christ’s body, and each of you is a part of it … 31 So you should earnestly desire the most helpful gifts.
Will God speak thru you to others?
- Yes – but the key word here is “thru” you – Matthew 10:20 (NLT) – For it is not you who will be speaking—it will be the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.
- And in, many cases, so we know how to pray for one another – Romans 8:26-27 (NLT) – And the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness. For example, we don’t know what God wants us to pray for. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words.27 And the Father who knows all hearts knows what the Spirit is saying, for the Spirit pleads for us believers in harmony with God’s own will.
We are called to become an “one accord people.”
- We are ultimately called to be an “one accord” people – Acts 2:1 (NKJV) – When the Day of Pentecost had fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
This is how we get from “good” to “great!”
- It’s this place where we are amazed daily by God and His wonderous works – not focused on the faux pas of others.
- It’s this place where we embrace each other, embrace what God has places in each other – not question them.
- And this is the place where a spark will cause a fire to happen – first in you and then to others around you!
* The audio corresponding to this post is under “media” on this site – dhfirstag.org
- January 2022
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- January 2018
- Transformed by the Spirit of God January 15, 2022
- What a Week! April 3, 2021
- Will You Go? March 27, 2021
- The Inconvenient God March 21, 2021
american church ancient enemy attack awakening calling chaos character charismatic Christian christian education church coronavirus covid-19 Dearborn Dearborn Heights Detroit era evangelism fear fear of the Lord gifts glory goat God's way Holy Ghost Holy Spirit Leadership Leviathan New Era open overcomers Pentecostal remnant revival schemes shaking sheep storm stress tares to touch church transformation trust wheat