Grace in the Hallway
The hallway is all about repentance, change.
- Temple reconstruction project began well – Ezra 3:11a (NLT) – … the people gave a great shout, praising the Lord because the foundation of the Lord’s Temple had been laid.
- And we are that Temple in the new covenant, both individually and collectively – 1 Corinthians 6:19 & 3:16.
- But the enemy will try to stop it – Ezra 4:24a – So the work on the Temple of God in Jerusalem had stopped…
That is where grace comes in.
- Zechariah 4:7-9 (NKJV) – ‘Who are you, O great mountain? Before Zerubbabel you shall become a plain! And he shall bring forth the capstone with shouts of “Grace, grace to it!” ’ 8 Moreover the word of the Lord came to me, saying: 9 “The hands of Zerubbabel have laid the foundation of this temple; His hands shall also finish it. Then you will know that the Lord of hosts has sent Me to you.”
- Romans 6:1-2a, 23 (NKJV) – What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin (to practice sin in the Amplified version) that grace may abound? 2 Certainly not!23 … free gift of God …
- The word Greek charis– grace, favor, thanks, divine influence – The Greek word charisma – which means gift.
We need God’s grace to close old doors that the enemy keeps sneaking through.
- We need God to close those old doorways to the sinful world – Genesis 6:10 (NLT) – A male and female of each kind entered, just as God had commanded Noah. Then the Lord closed the door behind them.
- And it’s God’s grace that gives us the tools to close those doors – 2 Corinthians 10:3-6.
Then grace must be applied to our walk.
- First grace for others – Philippians 2:3-4 (NLT) – Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves. 4 Don’t look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too.
- But it’s God’s goodness that leads to repentance – Romans 2:4.
- Then applying grace for ourself – Galatians 2:20 (NLT) – My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
Its faith that releases grace!
- Ephesians 2:8-10 (NKJV) – For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.
- This is the Lord’s way of saying you’re going to anyways – Haggai 2:21, 23 (NLT) – “Tell Zerubbabel, the governor of Judah, that I am about to shake the heavens and the earth…“But when this happens, says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, I will honor you, Zerubbabel son of Shealtiel, my servant. I will make you like a signet ring on my finger, says the Lord, for I have chosen you. I, the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, have spoken!”
* The message corresponding to this post is under “media” on this site – dhfirstag.org – and is available on Monday
- July 2023
- June 2023
- January 2022
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- January 2018
- Losing Your Life in Christ to Save It (and Others too) July 23, 2023
- Deliverance Made Simple July 9, 2023
- Why Don’t People Listen?? June 25, 2023
- When the Son Becomes a Father – 6/18/2023 June 18, 2023