Introduced to Elijah
- One of the most well known of the prophets.
- John the Baptist had the spirit of Elijah – Luke 1:17 – many say he will be one of the 2 prophets in Revelations.
- While the priest present the people to God, prophets represents God to the people – like the Church today.
- Thus – Church must come out of hiding.
God is all about justice
- Elijah represents God, the widow and son represents the people.
- Why did Elijah get fed 1st, was he selfish? It doesn’t seem right but it is – there is a cause and effect.
- There is a law of faith – Seek 1st the Kingdom of God and His righteousness – Matthew 6:33.
- So do it God’s way even when don’t make sense.
Didn’t recognize in the justice part as being from God
- Agape love is what the Church suppose to be walking in.
- Many others, besides the Church, are doing the justice things also.
- But many are doing justice things with ulterior motives – wanting pats on the back.
Something goes wrong
- The boy dies – 1 Kings 17:17.
- Blames God, condemns the prophet (the Church), we are causing all the woe’s of society – 1 Kings 17:18.
Sometimes God allows tragedy/sickness to show His glory – 1 Kings 17:20
- Does God cause sickness, no, but He does allow it.
Healing is God’s business card – thus the Church should carry this card.
- At least 10 times gospel and healings mentioned together.
- It’s great to do the justice thing – and we do.
- But we are to also do the healing thing (and, btw, healing is a justice thing also)
- It’s when the healing of her son happens that Elijah is recognized as from God and God speaks thru him – 1 Kings 17:24
- In fact, we shouldn’t present the gospel of the kingdom until God displays the kingdom.
Pray until God says you are done for the healing/miracle – 1 Kings 18:41-46.
- Elijah announces the miracle of rain.
- Commands his servant to go up seven times and look for rain. Seven represents completeness.
- Don’t despise small beginnings – Zechariah 4:10.
- January 2022
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- January 2018
- Transformed by the Spirit of God January 15, 2022
- What a Week! April 3, 2021
- Will You Go? March 27, 2021
- The Inconvenient God March 21, 2021
american church ancient enemy attack awakening calling chaos character charismatic Christian christian education church coronavirus covid-19 Dearborn Dearborn Heights Detroit era evangelism fear fear of the Lord gifts glory goat God's way Holy Ghost Holy Spirit Leadership Leviathan New Era open overcomers Pentecostal remnant revival schemes shaking sheep storm stress tares to touch church transformation trust wheat