First – we must understand God has a plan for each of us and for the Church.
- Jeremiah 29:10-12 – This is what the LORD says: “When seventy years are completed for Babylon, I will come to you and fulfill my good promise to bring you back to this place. 11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.
And He, the Lord, gives us vision for that plan.
- God wants us to know His will – Romans 12:1-2 (NLT) – And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him. 2 Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.
- And God has vision for that plan He wants to impart to you/us so we can fulfill it – Proverbs 29:18 – Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he..
What is our vision?
- Habakkuk 2:2 (NKJV) – Then the Lord answered me and said: “Write the vision And make it plain on tablets, That he may run who reads it.
- First Assembly continues to carry an apostolic (regional/missions) mantle – July/2014.
- The Assemblies of God way is that ministry in a region flow out of the local fellowships.
- First Assembly will continue to build a strong base camp (Gilgal – Joshua 10) with the idea of continuing to be aggressive in the Metro Detroit region.
- Three things included in the vision July/2014 vision paper:
- Prayer is essential in all that we do – Intercessory Ministry and Prayer initiatives
- Being on one accord – We are also a local body with an apostolic mind set. Our success will inevitably depend on how well we work as a team.
- Outreach will be a major part of our DNA – Outreach which includes the following: FWFS, Campus Ministry, DCMA, Media, connect groups …
Then why aren’t we running with it? Maybe we are not transformed.
- Maybe we are conforming, not transforming – Romans 12:2a – And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind…
- This is how godly transformation looks – 2 Corinthians 5:17 (NKJV) – Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.
So how can we turn things around??
- So, the question remains, how do we work the plan and not have it work us – Proverbs 16:9 (NKJV) – A man’s heart plans his way, but the Lord direct his steps.
* The audio corresponding to this post is under “media” on this site
- January 2022
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- January 2018
- Transformed by the Spirit of God January 15, 2022
- What a Week! April 3, 2021
- Will You Go? March 27, 2021
- The Inconvenient God March 21, 2021
american church ancient enemy attack awakening calling chaos character charismatic Christian christian education church coronavirus covid-19 Dearborn Dearborn Heights Detroit era evangelism fear fear of the Lord gifts glory goat God's way Holy Ghost Holy Spirit Leadership Leviathan New Era open overcomers Pentecostal remnant revival schemes shaking sheep storm stress tares to touch church transformation trust wheat